The Certified Medical Tourism Professional® Program
(Introductory Program for Individual Education Programs for Medical Tourism), represents a comprehensive body of knowledge that cover topics ranging from the required core competencies of individual professionals to the advanced specializations within the medical tourism industry. These in-depth training programs allow professionals to take the next step to demonstrate their full understanding of the medical tourism industry. The CMTP certification program is available either online or in-person and begins at $1,500 USD.
Upon earning the CMTP professional designation, an individual will receive the designation for a period of three (3) years.
As individuals keep their CMTP designation in good standing and maintain for a minimum of three (3) years, an individual qualifies to earning the Certification Medical Tourism Specialist (CMTS) professional designation which is the second step in offerings by Medical Tourism Association® and the most prestigious professional certification that can be earned in the medical tourism or medical travel industry today.
What are the benefits of certification?
- Offer a higher level of service to your clients and/or employer
- Learn best practices in international patient management
- Add to your portfolio a new “niche” business model, focused on medical, dental and wellness travel
- Set yourself apart from the competition by showing your commitment to excellence to consumers and buyers of healthcare
- Enhance your career and expand your opportunities for job promotion
What Will I Receive When I Pass the CMTP Exam?
- The CMTP Professional Designation for three years
- Access to Online Continuing Education Resources
- Gain Credibility Among Your Peers
- Offer A Higher Level of Knowledge & Experience to Your Clients or Employer
Who Should Get Certified?
Anyone involved in or interested to become involved in the medical tourism industry can benefit from this program. Primary participant roles include:
- Medical Tourism or Medical Travel Facilitators
- Healthcare Executive Professionals
- International Patient Coordinators
- Travel Professionals
- Hospitality Professionals
- Insurance Agents & Brokers
Individual Education Programs for Medical Tourism
The introductory program is a comprehensive program that covers the following topics:
Module 1 – Introduction to Medical Tourism
Module 2 – Medical Tourism Business Models
Module 3 – Operational Protocols & Services
Module 4 – Facilitation of Care
Module 5 – Payers
Module 6 – Marketing
Module 7 – Managing Risk & Events
Module 8 – The Importance of the Patient Experience
Module 9 – Comparative Medical Tourism Models
Whether you have been in the healthcare industry for 30 years or are just entering the world of medical travel or medical tourism, the Introductory Program which provides participants the knowledge to pass the CMTP Exam, is a tremendous addition to any professional resume or portfolio.
Advanced / Continued Education Units (CEUs)
These individual advanced or continuing education units (CEUs) allow professionals to take the next step to achieve a more advanced understanding of a specific topic related to the medical travel or medical tourism industry.
A catalogue of options is available via our education platform, via available webinars or incorporated in events supported by the MTA around the world.
These custom programs are designed specifically for professionals profiles that require a in depth look into their role in the medical travel or medical tourism industries. These programs are designed to specifically empower these profiles, such as case managers, clinicians, or risk managers, will skills that will enhance the Medical Travel Care Continuum.
We welcome requests for programs to be built for profiles we have not historically served. Upon evaluation of the group or market need, we would design a program accordingly.