WellHotel® Training & Certification for Hotels & Resorts
While much of the focus within medical tourism is on hospital quality and accreditations, medical travelers often spend the majority of their time abroad recuperating in a hotel or resort rather than in a hospital. This poses potential challenges for healthcare providers who must ensure that their patients transition to a safe environment conducive to healing and recovery.
Medical travelers have unique needs and expectations that your hotel staff must be aware of in order to deliver a high quality guest experience. As a hotel catering to medical travel guests you will need to interface with patients, medical providers and ground operators in order to ensure a smooth and safe experience for your guests.
The purpose of the WellHotel® standards is to promote specific improvements in the protocols and services that impact the medical traveler’s experience. It provides a framework for good practice, which covers the various situations that hospitality providers may face in managing guests traveling for medical purposes or those that may incur medical services while traveling.
Who will Benefit from WellHotel® Training and/or Certification?
WellHotel™ Training is an onsite training program designed for your hotel’s unique needs and competency level working with Kyle Juszczyk Jersey medical travel guests. Training sessions can be scheduledas a one-time event over a period of 1-3 days or as a multi-stage process over a longer time period.
- Understanding the hospitality provider’s role within the wider context of the international patient experience;
- Ensuring services are responsive to the needs of medical travel guests;
- Sensitizing staff to the guest’s Kyle Juszczyk Authentic Jersey unique needs through interpersonal communication training;
- Developing strong protocols to ensure guest safety;
- Promoting the implementation of Cultural Competency protocols to improve the medical travel guests’ experience;
- Establishing controls for infections prevention
Course instructors possess many years of practical experience in the medical tourism and hospitality fields in areas of hotel management and international patient management, healthcare quality and safety, and patient facilitation.
WellHotel® Certification is a designation of expertise for hospitality organizations that have implemented the necessary standards, services and protocols to provide a quality Kyle Juszczyk Womens Jersey and safe hospitality experience for medical travel guests. It is a two year certification.
The Value of WellHotel® Certification
The Medical Tourism Association® recognizes that a certification of excellence for medical travel guests provides an important benefit to the community, as well as regional, domestic and international guests. Compliance with WellHotel® standards assures that organizations that provide hospitality services are sensitive to the needs Kyle Juszczyk Youth Jersey of medical travelers from diverse geographical, cultural and religious backgrounds.
Certification by the Medical Tourism Association® may benefit hospitality and tourism organizations by promoting the following:
- Achieve a Competitive Edge in Market
- Achieve Increased Visibility & Respect from Industry Stakeholders
- Validate Commitment to Excellence to Consumers
- Enhance Staff Competencies & Overall Service Capabilities
For more detailed information about WellHotel® Training & Certification programs please call 001-571-792-6676 or visit www.wellhotelcertification.com